Thursday, October 11, 2007

Karazhan - Pugs = Success

So last Saturday, I said we did an attempted Karazhan run with 3-4 pugs. We mucked through it but it was rough going. DPS was pitiful and there was no crowd control or room for error because the player base was so poor.

This week, we launched out a new JAE kara group in the guild and so far (knock on wood), it's been a success! We weren't sure how we'd do really since most of us haven't run the instance in several months... and a few of us are green to our new characters including myself and another former shadowpriest turned warlock.

Our line up for this week has been Prot Warrior, Arms/Fury Warrior, BM Hunter, Marksman Hunter, Fire Mage, Asass/Combat Rogue, Affliction Warlock, Holy Priest, Holy Pally, Holy Pally.

I know I know...it's Kara..and that's so last year and everyone else is on to the Black Temple or whatever... but I don't know, it's still feels good to do this as a group. I like the ten man set up...it's intimate enough and manageable.

I'm still hoping to get the guild on a Gruul's Layer run in the future..but we pretty much have about 25-27 Level 70 people in the guild...and it's pretty rare for all of them to be on at the same time. We usually have about twenty 70s online...just a smidgen off from the twenty-five that we need.

Anyhow, Tuesday, we downed Huntsman, Moroes, Maiden, and Opera Event (Romeo and Juliet). Yesterday, we downed Currator, Shade of Aran, and Illhoof. Tonight, we hope to do Chest Event and down the Prince. Hopefully all goes according to plan.

I've been quite the lucky mofo. Healing gear has been raining down from the sky. It's quite unexpected too since I didn't expect to get anything for several weeks. Maybe that's the trick??? Go in expecting nothing and then you'll get something? :D

My Kara booty!: [Pauldrons of the Justice-Seeker], [Whirlwind Bracers], [Gauntlets of Renewed Hope], [Belt of Gale Force]

2 comments:

Igoo said...

Kara is fun, I run it at least twice a week to gear various alts. There is too much trash but I still think it has some very fun boss fights. I think 10 man is a nice size also, Kara is th Ubrs of TBC. I love it.

Alachia said...

The UBRS of TBC...I love that!

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

WOWCAST BLOG