Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RL Quest



Hahaha. JoJoKnit cracked me up when she sent me this email awhile back when she found out I was TRYING to learn how to knit:

Here's a "quest" for you...the recluse:
After you practice a bit, find a yarn/knitting store in your area. You are in Texas, right? Bring your knitting with you and ask if someone can take a look and see if you are doing it right. You never know, you might meet some nice knitters. We knitter are usually a friendly bunch. Buy some chunky yarn and big needles (again ask someone to help you) and cast on for a scarf. Chunky yarn and big needles is a way to get a scarf done in no time. Whatever it looks like, finished is better than perfect and you will feel accomplished and then the bug might get you.

Reward: A skein of hand spun yarn done by the one and only J C Knitnstuff


Well I'm happy to report that due to my WoW break, I have finished my first RL quest!
Wooot!

I wrote JoJo to tell her that I finished the quest, she replied back "Gratz, you have just learned a whole bunch of XP and have Dinged/Bonged to the next level"

I had to ask her what a skein is. heheheh.. it's a ballish bundle of yarn apparently!
She asked me what color I wanted and I said blue, pink or purple. If I get a purple skien, does that mean I got an Epic Quest reward?! hahahaha

Thanks JoJo for the motivation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job... this must be very rewarding, and challenging. By the way, it looks like chain mail...

Nah...

Gratz !

J. C. KnitNStuff said...

Maybe eventually you can learn to knit with wire and make some real chain mail. Hehehehe.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

WOWCAST BLOG